It’s About Time!
By Paul Adams In In Remembrance On October 25, 2015
Solomon wrote, “To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven”. (Ecclesiastes 3:10). We can become busy spending our time on many things. What can we learn about time? What does the Bible say?
- Time will eventually end. (2 Peter 3:8-13) There is a day when we will all face eternal judgment. (Hebrews 9:27)
- We all have limited time. Jesus recognized this when he said, “I must work the works of Him who sent Me while it is day; the night is coming when no one can work.” (John 9:4)
- We do not know how much time we have left. “For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away.” (James 4:14)
- We must use wisely what time we have. “See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil.” (Ephesians 5:15-16)
- The time to obey God is now. “For He says: ‘In an acceptable time I have heard you, And in the day of salvation I have helped you.’ Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.” (2 Corinthians 6:2)
We would love to study with you about being ready for the Lord’s return. We all need to prepare for eternity … while there is time.
Leave a comment